FAD believes in creating opportunities and experiences through volunteering.
We have a fantastic pool of young volunteers supporting us behind the scenes. From working backstage at events, to assisting in workshops, FAD volunteers are important role models in supporting other young people.
As a volunteer you can benefit in many ways. From developing important skills like teamwork and communication, to making new friends and exploring different career paths, volunteering can improve confidence and offer valuable experience.
So whether you have taken part in our projects before, or are just looking for a creative way to help others, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved.
• Workshop Assistants - Gain experience of working in an educational environment, while sharing your sewing and pattern cutting skills. Ideal for young people considering a future career in teaching.
• Mentoring - FAD teenagers need mentors to guide them. From applying to university and getting work experience, to developing portfolios your advice and experience can really make a difference.
• FAD Events - Our events wouldn’t be possible without our enthusiastic volunteers. Get involved with show preparation, working back stage or front of house.
• Exhibitions - Help put together an FAD project showcase. If you have previous experience working on exhibitions or events, this could be the perfect challenge for you.
• Photography & Media - A ‘live’ brief for your portfolio. Help us document and promote our projects by donating filming, photography, animation or editing skills.
• Fundraising - Initiatives run by young people for young people. From fashionable cake sales to swap-shop parties, if you and your friends would like to raise money for FAD projects get in touch.
Join our pool of volunteers now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the role you are most interested in. FAD will then contact you when we have any opportunities available.
Please note, for workshop assistants, FAD is required to run a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check before we can confirm your place as a volunteer.