Video by Mark Gibson
Fashion is a great way to connect with young people from different backgrounds, to give them confidence and raise their aspirations for the future.
That’s where you can really make a difference.
FAD is looking for skilled professionals, who are willing to donate their time and expertise to inspiring young people. Whether you are an individual or a creative company, we have plenty of opportunities for you to get involved.
• Industry Experiences - Give a real insight into the working world of fashion, by talking about your own experiences or inviting young people to visit your workplace.
• Work Placements - Become a work placement mentor. We can match your company with a talented teenager looking to gain valuable industry experience. Read Nadine's story here.
• Donating Materials - Do you have some excess fabric or equipment lying around at work? We know plenty of creative young people who will put them to good use.
• Teaching - As an experienced teacher, you could be involved in delivering workshops which give teenagers a real taste of the design process.
• Practical Workshops - If you know your way around a sewing machine, pattern block or heat press why not become a hands-on volunteer in our workshops.
• Sponsorship / Fundraising - FAD is always on the look out for industry sponsors willing to support our projects, as well as consultants with fundraising experience.
• Photography / Media - Help us document and promote our projects by donating filming, photography, animation or editing skills.
• Modelling - If you have experience as a model, volunteer to walk the catwalk at one of our events.
If you would like to get involved please send an email to Reyes email@example.com specifying the role you are interested in, along with an up-to-date CV.
Please note, for workshop or teaching roles, FAD is required to run a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check before we can confirm your place as a volunteer.